Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Home Stretch...

We're getting to the home stretch of my treatment plan now with three more chemo sessions to go before, hopefully, I can put Lymphoma behind me for good! I continue to do well with my treatments, although fatigue and a disagreeable stomach nagged at me a bit this past week. Becky and I spent the weekend in Indiana visiting her parents and taking care of some wedding planning. We've chosen a cake and a menu and are close to finalizing our plans for the honeymoon and we're both getting realy excited for this summer...

I also had some exciting news this week. About 6 weeks ago I submitted an essay to my favorite fly fishing magazine, The Drake. The magazine is a quarterly publication that often features some of the most famous writers and photogrpahers in the sport. The Spring issue was released this week, with my essay and photograph of friend John Fabian with a beautiful Michigan steelhead featured on page 52! As someojne who really enjoys writing and photography this was a huge honor for me and I'm pretty excited about it. If you're interested you can order the spring issue for $5.00 at The Drake's website, and I anticipate at some point the essay will be published online as well.

Thanks as always to everyone who's called or wrote to check in on me and who provided dinner over the last few weeks (Lauren and Brad, GR and The Rodenfels!), we really appreciate it!

1 comment:

  1. Wow Jim, what an honor! I'll have to frame a copy in the OPC! Glad to hear you're doing better.

    ReplyDelete