Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Two-Part Treatment Plan

Went down to The Clinic for round four yesterday. After dealing with a nasty cold this week I was surprised to find that my blood counts had made a strong rebound from two weeks prior, with all figures registering normal (including my ANC count, which was the one we'd been most concerned about). So, it seems my two-part treatment plan is working; Part one involves sitting in a white-walled hospital room and getting pumped full of toxins (life-saving toxins, mind you) for five hours. Part one is slightly less enjoyable than part two...

Spent a full day on the water with Victor and Brett today. It was therapeutic, to say the least. Brett summed it best as we were breaking down our rods and getting ready to part ways: "Days like today cure cancer."

Let's hope he's right. We'll know soon enough; I'll be going in for my interim PET scan on January 20th. This scan will give my doctors a much clearer picture of the effectiveness of my treatment to date and should help guide some of our decision making going forward.

As always thanks so much for the continued support and well wishes. A VERY special thanks to the Grinbergs, who brought us an awesome enchilada dinner last week, and to the Rodenfels', who served up a mean batch of beef stew tonight. We enjoyed both meals tremendously and really appreciate your time and effort!

2 comments:

  1. Jimmy! Love ya bud, keep on keeping on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jimmy. Just wanted to say hello. Ran into your Dad on Thanksgiving and the Grinbergs just gave me an update. Keep up the good fight. You will be kept in my thoughts and prayers.

    Mr. Noonan

    ReplyDelete