Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2012, Here we come...


Happy New Year! Hope everyone had a safe and happy holiday. Becky and I had a great time with friends downtown, with me taking a turn as DD for a change! We slept a little later than planned on New Years day but managed to make it to Columbus in time for Grandma Carolyn's 80th birthday party.


It was a special event, with family traveling from as far as Wisconsin to be there, and both of us were happy we could have a part in it. The only downside was the fact that I got manhandled in air hockey by someone 1/3 my age, and would have suffered the same fate in chess if Leeann hadn't intervened on my behalf.


With the winter storm moving in we stuck around through breakfast Monday and took our time getting back to Cleveland. As luck would have it though, we pulled in the drive way with just enough time for me to jump into my waders and meet up with Brett for a couple of hours on the river.



The only bit of bad news this week is that it seems after three treatments the chemo has finally caught up to me - temporarily, of course ;) My hair began to fall out a couple of days ago and I seem to be coming down with a bit of a sore throat/cold. We're keeping a close eye on it and I've already been down to see Dr. Dean so he is very much in the loop on my condition. I continue to be so, so thankful for everyone's well wishes and support and wish you all the best in 2012!

P.S. For those who haven't already seen it, both Brett and I put together a look back at 2011 in words and pictures over at our fly fishing blog. You can check it out by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment