Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Treatment Numero Tres

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday weekend. It's about 5:45 on Tuesday and I almost finished with my third treatment. I'm starting to feel like the Vince Chase of the cancer center as it seems to be a party every time I come down here! Today I was lucky enough to have my beautiful bride-to-be with me, my mom (who came bearing gifts, as usual), and our good buddy from Miami Nick Scala dropped by for a visit as well! It was great to see him and the company made the hours go by much faster.


Overall my condition has remained pretty stable. My white blood cell count is still low, though it's a bit higher than it was before my second treatment (up to 1,000 from 790 last week). The nurses encouraged me again today to be very mindful of my hand-washing, sanitizing and exposure to sick people. We'll see how I feel later tonight and tomorrow morning but for now things continue to run smoothly.

Also, a special thanks to Goob, who had us over for an awesome home-cooked dinner last week, and to Lindsay Buffington, who saved us from kitchen duty this week. You guys rock!

I have been promising people that cancer would not keep me out of the woods or off the rivers, and it certainly hasn't; [much to Becky's chagrin] I've been fishing and hunting like a maniac recently (I am certain this is the primary reason for my lack of side-effects to date). And just so you don't think all I ever do is sit around the hospital with an IV in my arm, here's a few shots from the field!

















1 comment:

  1. Great looking pheasant photos. I think I have been more consumed with bird hunting than fly fishing as of late... But that will change. Glad to see things are improving for you as well....

    ReplyDelete