Saturday, December 17, 2011

Still kickin!

Just wanted to let you all know that Jimmy still feels great!  He was a little down for the 24 hours after chemo on Monday but is still going strong! Our good friends Lauren and Brad came over Tuesday and made us dinner which was awesome. We have friends doing that for us every Tuesday through March! Seriously amazing and so appreciated.  Were lucky to have so many friends in town. Jimmy has continued to fish every possible morning this week, then work 12-8, and not feel tired. He has more energy than I do.

Jimmy's neutrophil count was down on Monday, which are the white blood cells that fight infections. Although I am already a germaphobe, he thinks nothing of holding a slimy fish and then eating lunch. So my mom was in town this week and helped us sanitize the house and buy paper hand towels etc.

On a side note, my mom and I also went to see the a capalla group "Delilah" from NBCs The Singoff, perform last weekend. I have been listening to them on repeat since Jimmy's diagnosis and they dedicated a song to Jimmy and I and it was pretty awesome. So if you haven't heard of them, you should Youtube Amy Whitcomb and Delilah and listen to them  :) I am obsessed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6YlmEVyGrE

I hope everyone is having a great weekend and looking forward to the holidays! Thanks again for the support, dinners, cards, and gift packages. Some of our friends from Miami (OPC) got me a spa certificate and I cannot wait for a massage :)

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad to hear all this :) Miss you guys!!Lots of love!!
    xoxo
    -Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the positive fight you two! We are sending our prayers. Your Wisconsin cousins!

    ReplyDelete