Thursday, December 22, 2011

Update for 12/22

Hey Everybody,



Just a quick update today. I am feeling awesome and still hanging on to my hair (what little I've been sporting these days). I'm thrilled about that, but Becky has been encouraging me to accept the fact that my head is going to miss it's "blanket" pretty soon.



Yesterday I met with my Oncologist, Dr. Dean at the Taussig Cancer Center downtown. He gave me a look over and asked some questions regarding how I've been dealing with my treatment. According to him I'm making great progress and there' plenty of optimism looking forward. He mentioned that the dip in some of my blood counts that was recorded prior to my second treatment was pretty normal and to be expected. We discussed my options going forward regarding whether or not to receive radiation treatment, but there's still some time before that decision has to be made.



For now I'm looking forward to being with friends and family over the Holiday weekend, and will head back downtown for my third treatment on Tuesday. Thanks so much again for the continued prayers and well wishes... they are working wonders!



JL

4 comments:

  1. Jimmy,
    I wish you and the rest of your family a Merry Christmas and a fruitful New Year! Be well, and save a few fish for the rest of us:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Jimmy and I know you'll have a Happy New Year! You're in my thoughts and prayers brutha, God Bless....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best wishes to you and your family. You are in my thoughts and prayers Jimmy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jim, hang in there. I want to run into you on the rivers for a long time, but you have to leave some fish in there for me!

    John Zimmer
    Some how I screwed up and signed in under my wife's name. Damn technology!

    ReplyDelete